Dr. Makepeace Charles, received a Bachelor of Science in Physiology from the University of Toronto. He then attended the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education where he earned a Bachelor of Education degree. Dr. Charles continued his education and received a Master of Arts in Educational Psychology from the University of Victoria while simultaneously attending the University of Maryland Dental School where he was awarded a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS ). Subsequently, he completed a four year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Toronto where he received a Master of Science in Anatomy and Certificate in both his specialty and Anesthesia.
In order to address more complex facial reconstruction cases, Dr. Charles completed a year of fellowship training at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, Missouri specializing in facial cosmetics and facial reconstruction. Dr.Charles was then appointed as a Assistant Clinical Professorin Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery at St. Louis University Medical School.
Dr. Charles is licensed in Virginia, Arkansas, Florida and Missouri. He is licensed as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is certified for general anesthesia in Florida. Dr. Charles is a staff physician at Northpoint Surgery Center, Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center and Columbia Medical Center with privileges to complete full facial reconstruction and cosmetic surgery. He has certificates from the Florida Dental Board, Southern Regional Board and National Dental Examining Board of Canada. He has received a Certificate in Advanced Trauma and Cardiac Life Support (ATLS) and is a current Instructor of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS). Dr. Charles is Board Certified by both the American and the Canadian Associations of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- 2007 to date Member – Missouri Dental Association
- 2007 to date Member – Saint Louis Dental Society
- 2007 to date Associate – American Association of Cosmetic Surgery
- 2007 to date Member – European Society of Aesthetic Surgery
- 2003 to date Fellow/Diplomate American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2003 to date Fellow/Diplomate Canadian Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2002 to date International College of Dentists-member/fellow
- 1998 to date American Dental Association-member
- 1998 to date Student National Dental Association
- 1998 to date Maryland State Dental Association – member
- 1993 to date Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation